Home Buyers Drainage Surveys are becoming increasingly popular. An ever growing number of mortgage lenders now require them as part of the mortgage application and building surveyors advise clients to have them carried out prior to exchange of contract.
Drainage surveys are important, they will identify defects in the underground drainage system of your new home. A survey will also ascertain drainage ownership and misconnections.
Home Buyers' Drainage Survey In Middlesex
All our surveyors are fully certified by the NADC and reports are provided using bespoke reporting software. Here are just a few reason why you should carry out a CCTV drainage survey:
1. Structural Condition Reporting/analysis
2. Mis-connections identification and reporting
3. Drainage system ownership – Private / Water Company
4. Mapping – drawing to show drainage system locations and components
5. Mortgage lenders may/will request a drain survey, Insurance company may/will request a drain survey. These reports will satisfy all parties including solicitors for CON29DW’s (Water Searches)
6. Home buyers may not be aware that a survey could provide all of the above information which is extremely important.
7. Water company could be for-warned about defects on there asset, saving time and money on repairs and preventing the buyer from inheriting problems
8. Most residential property / building surveyors do not carry the equipment to carry out an in-depth survey to a critical part of the structure, everything else can be properly inspected apart from the drainage system.
9. Buyers are often left in the dark about the condition of drains which are often out of sight, out of mind and can often be in a very poor condition.
10. Insurance companies are often covering defective drainage as they are unaware of the true condition, a growing number now request a drain survey before offering cover.
11. Detection of Vermin / Rat Infestation within the drainage system
Request a Call
Enter your details below to request a call from one of our Drainage Experts