Home Buyers Drainage Surveys are becoming increasingly popular. An ever growing number of mortgage lenders now require them as part of the mortgage application and building surveyors advise clients to have them carried out prior to exchange of contract.
Drainage surveys are important, they will identify defects in the underground drainage system of your new home. A survey will also ascertain drainage ownership and misconnections.
Home Buyers' Drainage Survey In Middlesex
All our surveyors are fully certified by the NADC and reports are provided using bespoke reporting software. Here are just a few reason why you should carry out a CCTV drainage survey:
1. Structural Condition Reporting/analysis
2. Mis-connections identification and reporting
3. Drainage system ownership – Private / Water Company
4. Mapping – drawing to show drainage system locations and components
5. Mortgage lenders may/will request a drain survey, Insurance company may/will request a drain survey. These reports will satisfy all parties including solicitors for CON29DW’s (Water Searches)
6. Home buyers may not be aware that a survey could provide all of the above information which is extremely important.
7. Water company could be for-warned about defects on there asset, saving time and money on repairs and preventing the buyer from inheriting problems
8. Most residential property / building surveyors do not carry the equipment to carry out an in-depth survey to a critical part of the structure, everything else can be properly inspected apart from the drainage system.
9. Buyers are often left in the dark about the condition of drains which are often out of sight, out of mind and can often be in a very poor condition.
10. Insurance companies are often covering defective drainage as they are unaware of the true condition, a growing number now request a drain survey before offering cover.
11. Detection of Vermin / Rat Infestation within the drainage system
Request a Call
Enter your details below to request a call from one of our Drainage Experts
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a home buyers CCTV drain survey cost in Middlesex?
The cost of a home buyers CCTV drain survey in Middlesex can vary depending on numerous factors. These include the type of property, the size and width of the drainage pipes and the condition of the drainage system.
Properties with more complex drainage systems are more complicated to navigate and tend to be more expensive to inspect. Similarly, longer and wider drainage pipes will require a larger camera, which is a more expensive piece of equipment – adding to the overall cost of the survey.
Unfortunately, not all drains are easily accessible. This can make our engineer’s job more difficult and will be reflected in the price you pay for a home buyers drain survey in Middlesex.
Why might I need a home buyers CCTV drain survey in Middlesex?
A home buyers CCTV drain survey in Middlesex may seem like an unnecessary expense, but there are several reasons why you should consider having one carried out.
For instance, if you’re looking to buy a property in Middlesex, a mortgage lender might ask you to arrange a pre-purchase drain survey before they even accept your mortgage offer.
Surveyors and conveyancers usually recommend having a drain survey completed – on top of the standard house buyers survey – to ensure there are no issues before you exchange contracts. This will allow you to avoid nasty surprises further down the line, helping to keep your costs to a minimum.
For more information about our home buyers CCTV drain surveys in Middlesex and why you should book one, give us a call on 0800 955 7955.
When should a home buyers drain survey take place?
Ideally, a home buyers drain survey in Middlesex should be carried out before you exchange contracts. This way, if any defects are identified, you can slow down the sale and ensure they are dealt with before you become the rightful owner of the house.
Here at Certified Drain Surveys Ltd, we pride ourselves on delivering a professional service that is tailored to your needs and wants. So, if you have a date and time in mind – whether it be in the morning or evening, during the week or at the weekend – be sure to let us know. We’ll do everything we can to arrange the drainage survey for a time that’s most convenient for you.
How long does the survey take to complete?
The time it takes to complete a home buyers CCTV drainage survey in Middlesex can vary depending on the length and diameter of the drainpipes and the size of the property.
For instance, if you’re interested in a small 2-bedroom house, it shouldn’t take us more than a few hours to inspect the drainage system and provide a detailed report outlining our findings.
However, if the property you’re interested in buying is much larger, or has pipes that join the public sewer, this will take significantly longer.
If you’re looking to arrange a home buyers CCTV drain survey in Middlesex, we highly advise that you set aside enough time. This will prevent any holdups, giving you all the information you need to be able to make an informed decision.